State Audit Attorney in New York City
Facing a State Tax Audit? We Can Help.
When a taxpayer comes under scrutiny by the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance, he or she may be at risk of being audited. A state tax audit may lead to a criminal investigation in some situations if a taxpayer is suspected of criminal wrongdoing in regard to tax payment. Skilled preparation and legal representation can make a significant difference in the outcome of a state audit, helping a taxpayer avoid serious financial and legal consequences.
A New York City tax attorney at our law firm can help you in the face of a New York State tax audit by:
- Organizing tax documents and financial information, including finding any missing documents or filing affidavits in the place of certain documents.
- Handling all preliminary communication with the New York State
- Preparing your case for your audit.
- Representing your interests at your state audit to ensure that your legal rights and interests are protected every step of the way.
- Seeking the best possible outcome to your audit, resulting in the least amount of financial or legal liability.
We represent taxpayers throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn and all of New York City in the face of state audits and have extensive experience in audit representation, tax planning,
tax negotiation and
litigation to apply to your case.
Brooklyn and Manhattan State Tax Audit Lawyer
There are many complex issues that may need to be dealt with in regard to New York State taxes. With our experience in this area and our dedication to personalized client attention and service, you can feel confident that we will work with you to develop a tailor-made strategy that addresses your unique case and concerns.
New York City tax lawyer
at Melnik Law Group, PLLC
to discuss your case.